Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas Craft

So one of my challenges was to hand make five christmas decorations. Shouldn't be too difficult right? I love christmas and I love sewing, all I had to do was work out how to combine the two. Imagination isn't my strong point though and I was struggling to come up with ideas.

Luckily I know the incredibly talented Kerry. She is the kind of crafter I would love to be and she's always making gorgeous stuff. Check out her blog to see some of her lovely makes. Anyway Kerry was nice enough to email me lots of links and ideas for christmas decorations I could make. And then this arrived through my letterbox!


It was a complete suprise but Kerry posted me this lovely package of christmas crafting goodies. So kind! Thank you so much. Kerry has a 101/1001 list too and I know one of her challenges is to do some random acts of kindness - big tick here!!! I love it all, especially the really cute snowball trim.

So with all this help from Kerry you'd think I'd have all my christmas decorations made. Errr.....no!!!!! I'm blaming the kitchen, it hasn't exactly been a nice relaxing place to sit and craft in. I'm going to make a start on the felt bauble stitch kit tonight though. I know most people do their christmas crafting before christmas but I've never been one to do things the normal way! And anyway the tree is still up so it's still christmas and theres still time to get them up. Well I'd better go and find a needle....

1 comment:

  1. *blushing* thanks Jan, looking forward to seeing how you get on :-)

    ReplyDelete